Monday 17 December 2012

My Next Projects

Home Office
 
 
My Grandmother's Dresser and Desk that my Grandfather built are going to get makeovers :)
 

 
I read that you can paint filing cabinets....so I'm going to try and paint this garage sale find :)

 
Found this strange looking thing at the thrift store. Wasn't sure what it was at first but I liked it and could tell it was old. I did some research and found out it is a telephone bench (some call them gossip chairs) from the 1940's. A little paint and new fabric and I think it can be really cute :)


                                   My thrift shop $3.00 chair will also get paint and new fabric.

 
I bought this off of Kijiji for $75.00!! It is a vintage Duncan Phyfe style dining set from 1940. The Lyre back chairs have the original embroidered seats (covered in plastic). Its in great shape other than the top of the table. I was thinking about painting it but changed my mind, I'm going to attempt to refinish it and just reupholster the chairs (over the original of course).





No comments:

Post a Comment